Ecco Dental is proud to be the first LEED-certified, eco-friendly dental office in California. Our dentist and team are dedicated to providing the best possible care and a wide variety of services while maintaining our commitment to green standards to create a better envirionment today and for future generations. To learn more about our commitment to you and to the environment, and to make your appointment with Dr. German G. Jaquez in Glendora, California, please contact us at 626-771-0064 today.
What does it mean when we say we are “green”?
We work hard to maintain standards that result in great care for our patients while protecting the environment. Some of the green measures we take include:
- We are a paperless office.
- We provide mercury-free restorations. We also use a special, dry vacuum filtration system that enables us to dispose of old mercury fillings in an environmentally sound way, rather than polluting our local waterways.
- Our office features digital imaging technology, which eliminates the need to use chemicals in the x-ray process, and exposes our patients to 90% less radiation.
- We utilize steam-based, surgical-grade instrument sterilization without any harmful chemicals to reduce water use, and use biodegradable sterilization solutions (such as thyme and tea tree oil) to clean our examination areas.
- Our compressor and vacuum use no water or oil.
- We use chlorine-free high post-consumer recycled paper products for both patient and staff use.
- We filter our drinking water and distilled water to eliminate the need for plastic water bottles.
Our commitment to green standards extends also the construction process of our new office. During construction, we took steps to ensure an eco-friendly building process and facility. These steps included:
- All debris was diverted to a recycling center.
- Building materials, such as ceiling tiles and cabinet material, contained recycled content.
- We use rapidly renewable resources whenever possible.
- The interior of our building features bamboo flooring, low-emitting adhesives, and ultra-low VOC paints on the walls. The walls and furniture contain composite wood, which do not contain any added urea-formaldehyde.
- We incorporate energy-efficient lighting, appliances, and equipment to reduce the total energy level required for daily operation.
- Each piece of furniture in our office is eco-friendly certified sustainable, and/or a kiln-dried hardwood frame.
- Many of our supplies are made using recycled materials, and are disposed of via recycling.
Our practice is committed to excellence in dental care and patient services, including using the latest advances in pain-free technology and techniques, and we work to promote the wellbeing of future generations. Please call or visit our office today to learn more.